Property and Casualty Insurance Agent/Broker
About our Agency
Cliff Cottam Insurance Services specializes in auto, home, and business insurance. We represent a wide array of insurance carriers and are looking for a Property and Casualty Agent to aggressively expand our markets and grow our business.
We are seeking a hard-working, highly motivated, growth-minded independent insurance agent/broker to sell and market auto, home, and business insurance. Must have good time-management skills and have the initiative to locate new clients.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED with sales ability. A College Degree preferred
- Must obtain your Property and Casualty License prior to hire
- Successful completion of Background Check
- Develop leads, prospect and continually network
- Possess a competitive sales drive to meet and exceed monthly goals
- Communicate effectively and inspire customer confidence
- Effective written skills
- Be self-motivated and committed to building a profitable business
- Have computer experience and good organizational skills
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain retention
- Enthusiastic and confident
- Enjoys working with people
- High-level of flexibility
- Experience in an insurance sales or customer service sales call environment
- College graduates who have majored in business, finance, economics, or completed insurance-related courses.
- Bilingual in Spanish
Work Environment and Hours
Will work in our office located at 1111 Howe Ave, Suite 535, Sacramento, CA and will report to the Sales Manager. Agents may set their own hours of work with supervisor approval. New agents will work closely with the Sales Manager for a period of time to learn the agency’s philosophy, how to conduct business, how the agency interacts with clients and how to write policies.
Agents will be paid a base salary plus commissions. The amount of the commission depends on the type and amount of insurance sold and on whether the transaction is a new policy or a renewal. Agency-paid benefits will include continuing education and clerical support services. Commensurate with operational needs, transportation expenses, attendance at conventions and meetings, and promotion and marketing expenses may be paid by the agency.
Submit an Employment Application and resume to Cliff Cottam Insurance Services, 1111 Howe Ave, Suite 535, Sacramento, CA 95825. You may also email it to dcottam@ccisca or fax it to (916) 488-4796.